Sunday, April 19, 2015

Homemade Sweet Pepper Salad Dressing

 

When I started my quest to eat as clean as possible, I began to read labels. The more I read the more I learned these "low fat" and "healthy" branded condiments are filled with soy, corn, and high fructose corn syrup. It's a GMO cesspool. Okay, maybe that's dramatic but even the organic brands contain canola oil. Though organic, canola is still highly processed. My mother taught me "nunca te des por vencida", meaning "never give into defeat".  One day, I felt brave and made my own salad dressing. Once I got the hang of it, my eyes were opened to endless possibilities. What can be more fun than combining different herbs and vegetables in blender and making a new discovery? For the most part, I use Greek yogurt as a base and add to it.
 
Ingredients
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
2 mini red peppers
Dash of ground mustard
Dash of Cayenne
Salt and pepper to taste
 
With the help of a NutriBullet, blend the above ingredients until smooth and creamy.
 
Start
 
Finish
 
 
Do not be fooled, this may look like French dressing, but tastes completely different. The flavors here complement the Tuna For 1 recipe beautifully. A little kick from the cayenne, and the sweet juices from the peppers are a perfect marriage. YOLO, so experiment. It pays off!!
 
~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment