Sunday, April 19, 2015

Tuna for 1, Por Favor!

 

Often I find myself looking for a quick meal while the kids are in school and the hubs works away. My solution? Tuna for 1. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to feed the family.

Ingredients:
-A package of Wild Albacore tuna. I like Wild Planet. No added ingredients - just clean tuna.
-1/2 English cucumber
-Homemade Sweet Pepper Salad Dressing or your favorite salad dressing
-Squeeze of lemon
-Fresh basil and sun-dried tomatoes for garnish
-Avocado or fruit if desired

Prepare your tuna in a bowl with your favorite salad dressing and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Halve and hollow out the cucumber with a spoon. They look like cute little cucumber canoes, don't they?

Spread the tuna on top and garnish. I had fresh basil and sun-dried tomatoes on hand, but olives, parsley, or sliced fruit would work too. Serve with avocado. Because avocado. Nothing more to say about that!

If cut into individual squares, a doubled or tripled recipe can make a unique and health-conscious party tray. Be that person that brings the veggies and own it!! Trust me, they will thank you for it after the first bite.

Quick and easy. Healthy and nutritious.
~Amy

Did you like this recipe? Tell me about it. How did you serve it?

2 comments: