Thursday, July 2, 2015

Sparkling Strawberry Soda

 
 
I gave up soda and diet soda years ago. My hubs however, wasn't too thrilled about that idea. See, he likes his soda pop. He may give it up  one day but until then, I decided I should make him a "cleaner" or "less bad" version of it. I came up with this idea at Sam's club today while I was shopping for our 4th of July party. It's perfect for the heat and it's RED, perfect for this weekend. Wish I would have bought a couple blueberries for garnish!
 
Sparkling Strawberry Soda
 
Sparkling mineral water (chilled)
3 parts strawberry juice
1 part agave syrup
The juice of 1 lime
 
Juice about 10 strawberries and a lime. Should yield just over a cup. Add a 1/4 cup of agave syrup and stir together. Fill a cup with ice and fill 3/4 of the way with sparking water. Add enough strawberry syrup until it's at your desired sweetness. Garnish with lime and enjoy!
 
P.s. My kids loved it! This is certainly not a health drink BUT compared to a cola, there is no high-fructose corn syrup, fake food colorings, or additives. So refreshing and full of fresh real flavor.
 
Photo Gallery
 
My hubs was kind enough to pick up this juicer for me at Aldi's a while back. Very affordable for around $30.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used chilled Pellegrino Sparkling Mineral Water and Organic Agave ( I prefer the mild taste as opposed to honey. Organic raw honey has health benefits and is a better choice.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I used a lime and a peppermint leaf from my plant as a garnish.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here he is...My handsome hubs!                  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment